- Become knowledgeable about AAUW mission of promoting equity and education for all women and girls and the programs that meet their needs.
- Become informed about AAUW public policy positions.
- Inform members of current pertinent pending legislation at state and national levels.
- Subscribe to the national online/email communications: “AAUW Washington Update” from the AAUW Public Policy & Government Relations and the “AAUW Action Network” – two excellent sources of up to date information. National website: https://www.aauw.org/.
- Follow legislative issues at the state level through the AAUW of Michigan at: http://www.aauwmi.org/.
- Distribute information through the electronic branch “Bulletin” and if necessary, due to dated material, use the branch email system.
- Work in partnership with others with purposes consistent with AAUW public policy goals, including voter education information about candidate positions as well as background information on election issues. Remember we are not allowed to endorse any political candidate.
- Monitor biennial priorities for AAUW and State action, chosen according to the criteria of viability, critical need, strong member support and potential for distinctive AAUW contribution. Co-ordinate with Communications chair for Public Policy Action, as well as with Issues/Mission/Task Force chair.
- Determine potential expenses for Budget committee.
Skills: Computer skills/ word processing/web browsing required