- Collect annual dues from current Branch members and new members.
- Prepare and send out the annual dues notice in the April, May and June Bulletins and/or Monthly Branch Calendars.
- Work with fellow Branch members to retain members and recruit new members.
- Forward Branch member dues to the National and State Associations with the appropriate forms and payment.
- Maintain an accurate list of all Branch members, addresses, phone and e-mail members, college/university graduation dates and degrees.
- Supply information about new members to the Directory Editor in a timely way.
- Maintain a database of individual member’s preferences, skills, interests and a willingness to work on short/long term projects, hold office, etc.
- Maintain a USPS mailing list.
- Work with the Directory Editor and Webmaster to ensure that the most current E-Directory is on the web site.
- Work with the VP Membership, Bulletin Editor(s), Directory Editor, and Mailing Committee Chair to coordinate communication efforts and insure accuracy of members’ demographic information.
- Attend general meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in the Branch budgeting process. Give input regarding revenue estimates from annual dues collected.
- Collect and distribute mail from the Branch’s P.O. Box several times a week
- Review Branch members (50 years) for recognition as Honorary Life Member status. Complete and submit applications as appropriate.
- Maintain deadlines for submission of Branch Dues Report and Additional Dues Reports quarterly and as needed.
- Activities Timeline
— The duties of the Dues Treasurer begin in April, immediately following the general election on the third Tuesday in April. (Other elected officers assume responsibility July 1)
— Dues are due May 15 of each year.
- Updated February 2018