- Determine with the President and President-Elect when the Directory and subsequent supplements should be issued, and develop a timeline/production schedule.
- Submit expenses for the Annual Budget
- Gather and compile information:
- Obtain Member information, both new and renewals, from the Dues Treasurer, via the master Excel spreadsheet
- It is not the duty of the Directory Editor to incorporate individual changes and additions into the Directory file. The Dues Treasurer maintains this file and the Directory Editor uses a copy of that maintained file each time one is needed.
- Program information from the President and Program Vice President
- Interest Group information from the President and President Elect
- Ads for the directory (solicit, obtain copy and/or graphics, also collect payment for these ads)
- Prepare the directory, using Microsoft Word:
- Update the front material, as required (new officers, board members, program, etc)
- Using Mail Merge, insert member information in the directory file
- Using hard copy, proofread the Directory against member renewal forms (with another member, usually the President-Elect).
- Get the directory printed. Obtain print bids every two years.
- Work with other Branch members to distribute Directories at various meetings, including Branch and Interest Group meetings.
- Mail undistributed Directories (USPS first class) in 6.5 x 9.5 manila envelopes. Recruit a team to help stamp, stuff, and tape envelopes.
- Prepare a PDF file of member listings (the “E-Directory”).
- Distribute it electronically to members who request it.
- Upload the E-Directory to the web site, or work with the Webmaster to do so.
- Prepare Directory supplements as often as needed.
- Work with the Dues Treasurer to compile additions for new members
- Compile corrections as submitted by individual members
- Issue Supplements as appropriate. Work with the Monthly Branch Calendar Editor to distribute them as separate PDF attachments in the Monthly Branch Calendar emails.
- Ensure that Supplement information is incorporated into the master Word file.
- Create a PDF from the updated complete member file (E-Directory) and upload it to the web site, or coordinate with the Webmaster to do so.
Skills : Ability to organize a lot of material, with high level of attention to detail; strong computer skills and/or willingness to learn new ones; proofreading talent, ability to set and meet deadlines.
Updated February 2018