This position encourages the financial support of AAUW in areas most important to individual Ann Arbor members, traditionally education, advocacy and leadership.
- Chair a meeting to determine the allocation of Used Book Sale funds (following the procedures outlined in Financial Policies) and present the committee’s disbursement recommendation for Board approval no later than the December Board meeting.
- Work with the Finance Treasurer to disburse scholarship funds as approved by the Board. Complete the Contribution Report Form (CRF) and send it with branch and individual contributions to AAUW as received.
- Maintain current staff contact information at each local college/university to facilitate receipt of annual scholarship recipient contact information. Local AAUW scholarship awards include those from the University of Michigan (UM) Mary E. Markley Endowment, UM Center for the Education of Women (CEW+) and AAUW endowments from Eastern Michigan University (EMU) and Washtenaw Community College (WCC).
- Invite AAUW Fellows studying at local universities and other local scholarship recipients from UM, EMU and WCC to be guests of the Branch at the winter or spring luncheon.
- Solicit nominations for Named Gift Honorees and conduct selection of honorees at the disbursement meeting. Prepare biographies and certificates for the honorees and obtain pins from national AAUW to present to them at the luncheons. Be responsible for permanent Branch Honoree crystal vase from EMU to be presented with flowers to each honoree for their personal use until the following luncheon.
- At winter and spring luncheon, introduce scholarship recipients in attendance, present honorees and request donations to AAUW Funds.
- Receive AAUW Funds donations from members throughout the year. Acknowledge and record donations and send funds and CRFs to AAUW.
- Prepare articles for publication on Branch website and/or through e-news or branch email list-serve to educate members, solicit donations and report news.
- Attend monthly branch board meetings and update board on activities.
- Be responsible for compiling list of branch donors to AAUW Funds during previous calendar year to be included in annual report.
- Determine potential expenses for Budget committee.
Skills: Computer communication
Updated February, 2019