September 8, 9, 10
Washtenaw Community College Morris Lawrence Building
Visit our 40,000 gently used books (pre-sorted for you into almost 60 categories) that will be on sale from Friday, September 8, through Sunday, September 10th. This is our 65th annual sale!
Selling donated used books is the Ann Arbor Branch’s primary way of raising scholarship funds for local and national students.
Quality will be high. The AAUW donation sorters emphasize books that are recent, in excellent condition, and are, of course, likely to be interesting.
There will be four progressive used book pricing arrangements over the three days of the sale:
- An “early bird” session Friday morning, with a $15 admission fee.
- Free admission and regular prices for the rest of Friday. Most books are three dollars.
- On Saturday, remaining books are marked down by 50%.
- On Sunday, fill a grocery bag for $8 (two for $15).
For further details, go to the Used Book Sale Page.
And note that we do not accept credit or debit cards.
Learn New Things! Meet New People! Have Fun! Join AAUW!
Just over 115 years ago a small group of women graduates in Ann Arbor, Michigan gathered together to form the Ann Arbor Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumni, the forerunner of AAUW, the American Association of University Women. Today we are a vibrant, active group of some 300 intellectually curious women, devoted to improving the lives of women and girls through education. Along the way we manage to improve our own lives – and have a lot of fun. We welcome new members.
The AAUW Ann Arbor Branch offers …
- A group of educated women with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Informative and stimulating monthly programs
- More than 35 small interest groups covering a wide range of topics and activities
- A used book sale that raises money for national fellowships, local scholarships, and awards to graduating high school seniors
- Community outreach activities like Brains Rule! and Let’s Read Math
- Membership in national and state AAUW organizations