Book Collection to begin in June
Good News! We will be collecting books for the 64th Annual Used Book Sale from June 20 to July 30. Books will be accepted at Veterans Memorial Ice Arena, located at 2150 Jackson Ave. in Ann Arbor, on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm. For book pickup in the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area, call (844) 973-6287 ext. 2 after June 20. Please note that the collection site will be closed on July 2 and 4. Visit the Book Sale page for more information about our annual sale.
Hooray for our Branch
- First among the top ten Michigan branches in total contributions
- Fifth among the top ten Michigan branches in per capita contributions
- First in earning the most “Shape the Future” free national memberships
- One of 16 branches to receive the “Our Mission Matters” award for having met at least six criteria in implementing AAUW mission activities.
STEMbox – Great Gift Idea
StemBox is a monthly subscription service that sends young girls aged 7-13 a fun and educational science experiment each month. June is National Women in Science and Technology Month — celebrate by ordering a STEMbox for a special young girl in your life!
Make a Difference!
Learn New Things! Meet New Friends! Have Fun!
Just over 110 years ago a small group of women graduates in Ann Arbor gathered together to form the Ann Arbor Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumni – the forerunner of AAUW. Today we are a vibrant, active group of some 300 intellectually curious women, devoted to improving the lives of women and girls through education. Along the way we manage to improve our own lives – and have a lot of fun. We welcome new members.
The AAUW Ann Arbor Branch Offers
- A group of educated women with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Informative and stimulating monthly programs
- More than 35 small interest groups covering a wide range of topics and activities
- A used book sale that raises money for national fellowships, local scholarships, and awards to graduating high school seniors
- Community outreach activities like Brains Rule! and Let’s Read Math
- Membership in national and state AAUW organizations