Welcome to the website of the Ann Arbor Branch of AAUW (formerly known as the American Association of University Women)! Visitors are welcome at all our Branch meetings. For more information about meeting times and locations, visit the Programs page or contact us.
Book Sale – COMING SOON
AAUW’s 62nd annual Used Book Sale will take place on September 5 – 7, 2014 in the Morris Lawrence Building at Washtenaw Community College. You’ll find all the details on the Book Sale page.
Make a Difference! Learn New Things!
Make New Friends! Have Fun!
Just over 110 years ago a small group of women graduates in Ann Arbor gathered together to form the Ann Arbor Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumni – the forerunner of AAUW. Today we are a vibrant, active group of some 300 intellectually curious women, devoted to improving the lives of women and girls through education. Along the way we manage to improve our own lives – and have a lot of fun. We welcome new members.
The Ann Arbor Branch offers
- A group of educated women with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Informative and stimulating monthly programs
- More than 35 small interest groups covering a wide range of topics and activities
- A used book sale that raises money for national fellowships, local scholarships, and awards to graduating high school seniors
- Community outreach activities like Brains Rule! and Let’s Read Math
- Membership in national and state AAUW organizations
Ann Arbor Branch President, Mary Rea, welcomes new members at the 2013 fall open house and interest group sign up.
Open House, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, Ann Arbor City Club, 7 pm
The annual open house is a time for returning members to meet old friends and sign up for study groups, while new and prospective members have the chance to find out who we are and what we do. We hope you’ll join us at the Ann Arbor City Club, 1830 Washtenaw Avenue, for an evening of fun and camaraderie.