Welcome to the website of the Ann Arbor Branch of AAUW (formerly known as the American Association of University Women). Visitors are welcome at all our Branch meetings. For more information about meeting times and locations, visit the Programs page or contact us.
Book Collection Begins
These friendly volunteers are waiting to box up your books for AAUW-Ann Arbor’s 61st annual used book sale. Collections begin on June 24, 2013 at a location son to be announced, and continue on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday until August 17. For all the details, visit the Book Sale page.
Make a Difference! Learn New Things! Make New Friends! Have Fun!
Just over 110 years ago a small group of women graduates in Ann Arbor gathered together to form the Ann Arbor Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumni – the forerunner of AAUW. Today we are a vibrant, active group of some 300 intellectually curious women, devoted to improving the lives of women and girls through education. Along the way we manage to improve our own lives – and have a lot of fun. We welcome new members.
The Ann Arbor Branch offers
- A group of educated women with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Informative and stimulating monthly programs
- More than 35 small interest groups covering a wide range of topics and activities
- A used book sale that raises money for national fellowships, local scholarships, and awards to graduating high school seniors
- Community outreach activities like Brains Rule! and Let’s Read Math
- Membership in national and state AAUW organizations
We look forward to meeting YOU. Click here for a membership application.