Welcome to the website of the Ann Arbor Branch of AAUW (formerly known as the American Association of University Women). Visitors are welcome at all our Branch meetings. For more information about meeting times and locations, visit the Programs page or contact us.
Ann Arbor Branch President, Mary Rea, welcomes new members at the fall
open house and interest group sign up.
Make a Difference! Learn New Things!
Make New Friends! Have Fun!
Just over 110 years ago a small group of women graduates in Ann Arbor gathered together to form the Ann Arbor Branch of the Association of Collegiate Alumni – the forerunner of AAUW. Today we are a vibrant, active group of some 300 intellectually curious women, devoted to improving the lives of women and girls through education. Along the way we manage to improve our own lives – and have a lot of fun. We welcome new members.
The Ann Arbor Branch offers
- A group of educated women with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Informative and stimulating monthly programs
- More than 35 small interest groups covering a wide range of topics and activities
- A used book sale that raises money for national fellowships, local scholarships, and awards to graduating high school seniors
- Community outreach activities like Brains Rule! and Let’s Read Math
- Membership in national and state AAUW organizations
BOOK SALE NEWS
This year the 61st Annual Used Book Sale raised more than $36,000 in sales and donations. As always, all profits will be used for scholarships. For the full book sale report, visit the Book Sale page.
Celebrate the holiday season at the Winter Luncheon on Tuesday, December 10 at Polo Fields, Washtenaw in Ypsilanti. Socializing will begin at 11:00 am and luncheon will be served at noon. Hear a heart warming story from storyteller Lyn Davidge and celebrate our 61st Annual Book Sale Scholarship Winners. This event is for members and their invited guests. Advance reservations required. A reservation form is available on the Members Only page.
Go to Programs for details.
Reservations for the December luncheon must be made by December 3. You can find the reservation form in the Members Only section.